Every public transport service company from Europe can be part of the championships.
Each transportation authority or city can register one team. One team consists of one male and one female driver. Please choose employees of the day-to-day operations, no driving instructors or manager.
Your team has to be accompanied by a third party, a coach or manager. This person should be able to understand English and have staff responsibility in your company. Background: We are planning a framework / a training program for manager with annually changing themes.
The winning of a championship does not automatically commit the champion to host the event in the coming year.
3. Costs for the participants
Each company provides for its own travel costs for the drivers and the coach and the accommodation-costs for the coach (three nights). The hosting city bears every additional costs and the organization, e.g. two single rooms for three nights for your drivers.
3. Application/selection procedure
You can register anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your registration does not automatically qualify your team for participation. The host company decides which teams they want to invite. BUS-EM provides the network and gives recommendations.
Past and future hosting cities are premium partners. They, the titleholder and the host are automatically qualified for participation. All the other starting positions are determined by a quota system – depending on the size of the country and the amount of transport service authorities – and are selected by draw as well. The aim is to welcome as much different nations to the championship as possible.
The official invitation will send by the host city via email including a link for our register online portal system. This is your personalized link where you can change or add to your information at any time.
Please be aware the two deadlines:
– for the participation confirmation (page one only)
– and for the registration of drivers and travel information.
How to enter:
• Log in with your personal code to www.bus-em.eu/reg and register by the deadline one
• Enter personal details in your team profile by deadline two
• Note: a photo and a CV of each driver is required (max. 5 MB)
• You will receive a confirmation email, you can then log in again at any time
• The program and further information (hotel etc.) can also be found on www.bus-em.eu
4. Schedule (there are variations according to host cities possible)
The program is created in cooperation of BUS-EM and the hosting company. The following procedures have been established during the last years:
09.00-17.00 welcome, presentation of the competition-disciplines, training runs
19.00-23.00 driver’s welcome party
09:00- 17:00 competitions and public festival, awards ceremony and baton handover
20:00 drivers dinner
workshops, individual departure
For more information please write an e-mail to email@example.com